Erfahrungsbericht von Erkan A.
San Diego State University
Hochschule: San Diego State University
Stadt: San Diego
Zeitraum: 08/2005 bis 02/2006
You Know You're From San Diego When:
- Every street name is either in Spanish or Spanish related, and you're surprised when other areas don't have this.
- You can determine the accuracy of someone's "i'm ghetto" claim by knowing their high school. For example, El Camino High School or Crawford High School.
- You see weather forcasts for four different climate zones in the same county, and aren't remotely surprised.
- You routinely go or have gone to Pat & Oscar's solely to get breadsticks.
- You've gone to Downtown San Diego and marveled at the homeless people mingling with the rich young urbanities.
- You've gone to Mt. Helix in July and known you still need a jacket.
- You've tailgated at Qualcomm Stadium, and for bonus points, also tailgated when it was Jack Murphy Stadium.
- You've been to the Wild Animal Park but can't remember the last time you went to the Zoo.
- You've been on a field trip to see an Imax movie at the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center.
- You still call it the Del Mar Fair.
- You say "i'm going to the track" and people know what you mean.
- You understand what May-Gray and June-Gloom is.
- A famous skateboarder/surfer lives in your town.
- There's a North County, a South County, and an East County but no Central County (or West County - it's an ocean!).
- "Mossy Nissan! Mossy Nissan! Mossy Nissan Moves You!"
- You know what it means when two guys are walking in Hillcrest.
- You know what it means when a girl in a short skirt is walking on El Cajon Blvd.
- You've gotten stuck in the Horton Plaza parking structure traffic after a Padres game OR just lost trying to find your car.
- You know what "The Merge" is, and will plan your entire day around not being on it during rush hour(s).
- You've been to Belmont Park and rode the Big Dipper.
- (For North County) You remember the days before the all the big movie theaters opened. And when they did. First the Edwards in San Marcos, then the Regal in Oceanside, then the Krikorian in Vista, and finally the Regal in Escondido.
- You've taken the Coaster and laughed at people sitting in traffic on the 5.
- You know the difference between Claremont Mesa, Kearny Mesa, and Mira Mesa.
- You can correctly pronounce Tierrasanta, La Jolla, Rancho Penasquitos, San Ysidro, Otay Mesa, and El Cajon.
- You've gone to Sea World on a warm day and sat in the first few rows at the Shamu Show to get cooled off.
- You've been delayed at the Border Checkpoints on the 5 and the 15.
- You know it's San Diegan, not San Diegoan, or San Diegoite. Everyone has their favorite beach.
- No matter what the weather is, there is always someone walking around in a t-shirt, shorts, and flip flops.
- You live on, near or are surrounded by hills.
- You hate tourists and their bad driving. GET OFF THE ROAD NORTH DAKOTA, NOBODY WANTS YOU HERE. SERIOUSLY. GO HOME.
- You have family and or friends that have moved to Arizona.
- There are four distinct seasons: Summer, Not Quite Summer, Almost Summer, and Oh Hey Look Its Summer Again
- Your house is worth more than the GDP of some small countries.
- You know what MB, OB, and PB stand for.
- You used to, and sometimes still do, ride the carousel at Seaport Village.
- You know someone who doesn't own pants, and have a neighbor who doesn't seem to own a shirt.
- Your high school had a surf team.
- You know what Santa Ana's are, and that they have literally nothing to do with the city of Santa Ana.
- You know what a California burrito is. AND the best place to get one
- You never, under any circumstances call it anything other than "the Gaslamp."
- You've been to Pipes or Hashhouse for breakfast.
- You've headed down to Mexico just for the day to visit Tijuana or eat lobster in Puerto Nuevo.
- You call it "TJ" instead of Tijuana. AND you went down there after turning 18 b/c it's the San Diego induction to adulthood.
Now u are from San Diego!!!